1Midi de sable (2000) Joan Izquierdo, recorders (alto, tenor, basset, contrabass)9:47
- Composer(s): Elsa Justel
- Year of composition: 2000-15
Works in this cycle
Midi de sable
Midi de sable is written for alto, tenor, basset and contrabass recorders. I tried to explore the roughest sonorities of the instrument and its most unusual playing techniques, with the help of virtuoso flautist Joan Izquierdo. Both the tape and the score material were created using the same type of material, in order to create a single, fused musical discourse. I have explored the strong sonic personality of the contrabass recorder and the subtle shades of the basset to create a deep space. Also, I have tried to create a contrasted space between the electronic part and the sharp sounds of the alto and tenor recorders.
[English translation: François Couture, viii-07]
Midi de sable [Sand Noon] was realized in 2000 in the studio of the Phonos Fundació Privada in Barcelona (Spain) and premiered on March 15, 2001 during the Concerts Phonos a Metrònom series at Metrònom in Barcelona (Spain). The piece was commissioned by the Phonos Fundació Privida.
- March 15, 2001, Joan Izquierdo, recorders • Concerts Phonos a Metrònom, Metrònom, Barcelona (Spain)
- Year of composition: 2000
- Instrumentation: recorders (alto, tenor, basset, contrabass) and stereo fixed medium
- Commission: Phonos Fundació Privida
- ISWC: T0039461589
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Duration: 9:47
- ISRC: CAD500720720
Tapage nocturne [Nightly Disturbance] is part of a trilogy entitled Trois moments du jour [Three Moments of the Day] for recorders and stereo fixed medium. It is an acousmatic interlude that uses the different registers of the recorder, which offer contrasting characteristics in terms of colour, agility and “impasto,” in order to produce highly expressive textures and conglomerates.
[English translation: François Couture, iii-19]
Tapage nocturne was realized in 2015 at the composer’s studio in Mar del Plata (Argentina) and premiered on September 4, 2015, at Sala negra40 in Buenos Aires (Argentina). It was also presented on September 11, 2015, at the Centre cultural Victoria Ocampo in Mar del Plata (Argentina) and the following day, September 12, 2015, as part of the III Jornadas Gilles Deleuze at Teatro Diagonal in Mar del Plata (Argentina).
- September 4, 2015, Tapage nocturne, Sala negra40, Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Year of composition: 2015
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- ISWC: T7034551538
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Duration: 8:01
- ISRC: CAD501910048
- Year of composition: 2014
- Instrumentation: alto recorder, tenor recorder, bass recorder and stereo fixed medium