1Golem (2012-13)10:35Gilles GobeilLes lointains
Inspired freely by the novel The Golem by Gustav Meyrink (1868-1932).
This piece is designed to be fully “played” by a percusionist on a malletKAT (a marimba-like MIDI instrument) controling a sampler.
[English translation: François Couture, v-15]
Golem was realized in November/December 2012 in the studio of Miso Music in Lisbon (Portugal) and in July 2013 at EMS in Stockholm (Sweden). It was premiered on March 22, 2014 by Rick Sacks as part of the concert Rick Sacks Solo Electronic Show presented at The Array Space in Toronto (Canada). This work was commissioned by Rick Sacks with support from the CCA and the CALQ. Thanks to Rick Sacks, Miguel Azguime, Mats Lindström, and jef chippewa.
- March 22, 2014, Rick Sacks, malletKAT • Rick Sacks Solo Electronic Show, The Array Space, Toronto (Ontario, Canada)
This recording is a version without performer and was produced in 2015 in the composer’s studio.
- Instrumentation: MIDI percussion (malletKAT) and system
- Composer(s): Gilles Gobeil
- Year of composition: 2012-13
- Commission: Rick Sacks, with support from the CCA and CALQ
- ISWC: T9167476133
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISRC: CAD501510019