1The Tincture of Physical Things (2000)13:46Alistair MacDonaldCabinets de curiosité
The Tincture of Physical Things
Here is an alchemist’s toolkit: the ‘base materials’ of earth, water, fire and air tumble and combine.
“The matter lies before the eyes of all; everybody sees it, touches it, loves it, but knows it not. It is glorious and vile, precious and of small account, and is found everywhere… But, to be brief, our Matter has as many names as there are things in this world; that is why the foolish know it not.” (Musaeum Hermeticum, Frankfurt. 1625)
The Tincture of Physical Things was realized in 2000 in the studios of the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama (RSAMD) and premiered on May 3, 2000 in the Alexander Gibson Opera Studio during the Academy Now! Festival in Glasgow (Scotland, UK).
- May 3, 2000, Academy Now! Festival, Alexander Gibson Opera Studio — Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow (Scotland, UK)
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Composer(s): Alistair MacDonald
- Year of composition: 2000
- ISWC: T0103951956; T9252938253
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISRC: CAD501810041