The sound material was sculpted by sampling (thanks to Philippe Moënne-Loccoz) and then tamed and articulated on the keyboard in the studio. Point-virgule [Semicolon] is developed through five approaches, enunciated one after the other, and concludes with an exclamation point.
Jean-François Denis [xi-90]
Point-virgule was realized in July, 1990 at the studio of Collectif & Cie (Annecy, France), with the collaboration of Bernard Donzel-Gargand while mixing, with support from the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA) and of the French Government.
- November 2, 1990, Montréal musiques actuelles / New Music America, Acousmonium: Concert 6: Électro clips, Théâtre Les Loges, Montréal (Québec)
- Composer(s): Jean-François Denis
- Year of composition: 1990
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Commission: empreintes DIGITALes
- ISWC: T0702921138
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Duration: 3:00
- ISRC: CAD509612790