Là où vont les nuages…
In this piece, the ondes Martenot is linked to a MIDI converter, enabling the performer to play, in addition to her instrument, other MIDI instruments (synthesizer, sampler, and the entirety of the processing). This ’super-instrument’ gives access to a profusion of sounds — simple and complex — which surround and accompany the timbre of the ondes Martenot while remaining responsive to the nuances imparted by the performer.
Là où vont les nuages… [Where the Clouds Go…] was produced at the composer’s studio in 1990. It was presented on June 5, 1991 by Suzanne Binet-Audet, to whom this work is dedicated, during the 3rd CEC Electroacoustic Days, >>Perspectives->->, at Concordia University in Montréal. It was also presented at the 1993 International Computer Music Conference (ICMC ’93) in Tokyo (Japan).
- June 5, 1991, Suzanne Binet-Audet, ondes Martenot; Gilles Gobeil, diffusion • >>Perspectives->->: Concert, Salle de concert — Université Concordia, Montréal (Québec)
This version was adapted in 2004 and recorded by Gilles Gobeil on January 11, 2005, in Boucherville (Québec), and mixed by the composer and the performer in the composer’s studio in January 2005.
This version was recorded at the de Sainte-Famille Church in Boucherville (Québec) on September 29 and 30, 1992 and mixed at the Amaryllis studio in Lévis (Québec) in December 1993.
- Instrumentation: ondes Martenot, interactive system and stereo fixed medium
- Composer(s): Gilles Gobeil
- Year of composition: 1990-91
- ISWC: T0715412126
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISRC: CAD500518790, CAD509411160