1Lueurs (1987) Francis Ouellet, horn; Trevor Tureski, percussion12:27Serge ArcuriLes méandres du rêve
This work served as a study on dreams. The ideal instrument for calling, the French horn responds to brief rhythmical units that gradually melt into ambient sounds. The second section, in ostinato, develops in a counterpoint between the two instruments, then dies away slowly in long deep holding notes in the third and last section of the work.
Lueurs [Shimmers] was produced in 1987 at the Bruit vert studio in Montréal from ambient sounds, and with the help of a sampler and of the Yamaha DX7 synthesizer. It was premiered on May 7, 1987 by percussionist Marie Beauchesne and horn player Francis Ouellet during ACREQ’s 5th Printemps électroacoustique de Montréal. This work was commissioned by Marie Beauchesne and Francis Ouellet, and produced with support from the Canada Council [for the Arts] (CCA). Many thanks to Yves Daoust.
- April 7, 1987, Francis Ouellet, horn; Marie Beauchesne, percussion • 5e Printemps électroacoustique, Montréal (Québec)
This version was recorded at Pizazzudio studio in Toronto on October 30 and 31 and mixed December 13 to 15 (sound recording: Konrad Skreta; engineers: Michael Jack, Barry Lubotta).
- Instrumentation: horn, percussion and stereo fixed medium
- Composer(s): Serge Arcuri
- Year of composition: 1987
- Commission: Marie Beauchesne, Francis Ouellet, with support from the CCA
- ISWC: T0705075417
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISRC: CAD509310580